Caboolture was first settled in 1842 when the land around the Moreton Bay penal colony was opened up to free settlers. Around the Caboolture River was called Kabul-tur by the Brisbane Aborigines, meaning the place of the carpet snakes because these reptiles were plentiful in the region. The Gubbi Gubbi people are the traditional custodians of the area now known as Caboolture.
We acknowledge the First Peoples – the traditional owners of the lands where we live and work and recognise their continuing connection to land, water and community. We pay respect to Elders – past and present and future, and acknowledge the important role Aboriginal Peoples and Torres Strait Islanders play within the Moreton Bay and Caboolture communities.